I hope you’re all well.
Today’s post is something that I’ve wanted to do for a while but never actually got round to it. As you can tell from the title, it’s my top 10 blind girl problems. It’s a bit of a light-hearted post, I’ve put together a few of the mishaps that I experience due to my visual impairment. This post is part of Elin and I’s seeing through sight loss series where we discuss a range of topics on visual impairment, we thought this was a great post to include in the series!
So, without further ado, let’s get into today’s post.
- Having a conversation with someone thinking that they’re still in the room and ending up talking to myself.
- Walking into a cupboard or door.
- Walking into the dishwasher because I left it open and ending up with a huge bruise on my leg.
- Falling or tripping over the kerb because I misjudged the step.
- Knocking the dog’s food or water over and it spilling literally everywhere!
- Dropping something on the floor and scrambling around on my knees to find it for a good few minutes…it’s like a mini treasure hunt.
- Losing something and taking forever to try and find it so giving up and asking a family member to come and help only for them to find it straight away.
- Tripping over someone’s feet when they’re sat down.
- Standing on something soft and panicking it was my pet, turns out it’s their toy.
- Walking slap bang into someone because I didn’t know that they were stood there.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Make sure you check out Elin’s top 10 blind girl problems!
If you are blind or visually impaired yourself, then let me know your common blind person problems in the comments. Can you relate to any of these?
If you enjoy reading posts like these then let me know and I can write more of them for you.
Thank you for reading.